Tuesday 25 January 2011

Lovebug


I have just finished this little magnolia card (for my husband!!!) but am not sure if it is to girly! What do you think?


I made it because I just love this little stamp it reminds me of summer in the garden so maybe it is a card for me!

The stamp I used is Ladybug Hearts Tilda from Sir Stampalot and I coloured her with copic's.

For the face I used E51, 50, 00 and R11 for the checks which I blended over with the E00. For the hair I uses E37, 35, 33, and blended with E31. The reds were R29, 27, 24, 22, blended with R20 and R11 and for the tummy I blended with R00.

I have layered the card in red and white plain card, which I punched with wavy lines and Fiskars heart boarder punch. I also used the Fiskars embosser to emboss the heart.

To give the card dimension I raised the heart on tabs and added an old button I found in my stash to the satin ribbon. I also found the flowers in a bag at the back of my flower tray and I think they are just the right colour. What do you think?

I am going to try to put it into these challenges, but I am having a job linking from my sight back to the challenges!

dutchdare-cardchallenges Make a card following a layout

stamptacularsundaychallenge

who said three is a crowd

ooh-la-la-creationschallenges

three of a kind

bellichallenge

old forgotten

paper cupcake

buttons ribbons and flowers

If anyone can tell me what to pick up on the challenge page to link back to my sight I would be very grateful. Thanks

I would also like to thank everyone for their lovely comments about my last card. Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers, and so bold and bright in red. Lovely!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete